Monday, June 14, 2010

Sugar on the LES

I've come and gotten a chicken noodle soup and a buger at my favorite all night diner in the LES 'Sugar'. I used to order the burger from here and take it home to my East Village apt all the time. I used to even order it delivery. It was that good.

Now I'm fairly drunk, and I could have gone over to the Regent Diner over on Suffolk & Houston and gotten some gravy fries as I've done several time over. But I wanted a Sugar burger, as they are unrivaled at most places I've been.

Sitting at Sugar I see at least one girl that should be stolen away from her douchebag boyfriend who's got a generic set of tattoos down his arm and a tag still on his Yankee cap. I want to punch his face until he's under the pavement. I wish to destroy him.

That applies to most guys in the area, if not all of NYC. They think they're hard, and maybe I do too, but if I'm not then this guy certainly isn't. And there's no way he should be running his hands along the thigh of a hot, young short-skirted chick. But he is.

She gets up and changes spots beyond my vision, but he's still there, along with the others who really need to be destroyed. Young, expense account assholes, who have nothing but to feel like they need to be part of the counter-culture movement. But instead they're just propagating the status quo of hipsterism over functionality.

I just want food, sustenance, something that'll taste good that I can go home back to Brooklyn with that'll carry me over til tomorrow. And it finally arrives. The chicken noodle soup was amazing actually, best I've had in awhile, but now my burger is here.

I go to the bathroom and when I come out my table has been cleared. I go by the register and no one is there. The door is open. I run for it, making my way to the nearby deli to get a ginger ale, then cut the corner to the F line at Delancey.

It's the first time I run on the tab, and I don't feel that bad, figuring the richie fucks will cover my balance, but either way I don't expect to be in the LES to eat again, especially after I've moved out of the East Village where my asshole ex-roommate lives. One last quality place wiped off the map of where I can eat.

Hopefully it won't be the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment