Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Rod Mondays

So Rod asked me to have Mondays to post as he's usually drinking straight through the weekends, and mostly he wanted to starting doing memior writing, so no doubt we'll be privy to many a drunken adventure here.

I met Rod at 7B in the East Village one night a few years back. He was wasted and yet had a very engaging conversation with me before falling off the stool, and trying to make out with a girl and start a fight as he was being kicked out.

I saw him a few months later at Lit Lounge, early enough to be somewhat sober, and we started talking about writing. When I started putting this together he was one of my first choices. I think his work will round out this group nicely.

If nothing else we'll have lots of cussing and bitterness.

K

No comments:

Post a Comment